While Fitchburg Serenity Club has remained open throughout our community’s Safer At Home order, we wanted to provide an updated list of guidelines as our community transitions to more places being open. FSC is moving forward based on information and input we have available today. We will continue to evolve our guidelines as this ever-evolving pandemic situation evolves. The following remains in effect until further notice.
*SOURCE FOR GUIDELINES: CDC and Forward Dane PDF for Dane County
We strive to uphold our mission: FSC is a non-profit corporation for recovering alcoholics, addicts, their families and friends, who follow a 12-step program of recovery. FSC provides space for meetings, the opportunity for fellowship, and endeavors to offer a safe, secure, positive environment for recovery.
Note: We understand that “safe” does not and cannot mean ensuring the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 due to humans being in physical contact or in close proximity. Those who attend meetings at Fitchburg Serenity Club should take precautions to maintain their own health and safety.
FSC Guidelines for Meeting Groups effective May 26, 2020 until further notice
Most of these guidelines are a continuation of how we’ve been operating throughout our community’s Safer At Home order.
- Cleaning Meeting Rooms: After each use of each meeting room (including use by one or more persons), please use the provided disinfectant solution to wipe down all tables and hard surfaces (arms of chairs, hard-surface chairs). Indicate the room has been cleaned by writing the date/time on the sign on the door.
- Masks/Gloves: Are not required, although some of our attenders choose to wear them to protect themselves and others. As supplies permit, we will provide disposable masks and hand sanitizer at the FSC entrance for use as desired by members and attenders.
- Meeting Room Occupancy: Please respect social distancing guidelines. Once meeting numbers get to a level where social distancing is challenging, we ask that meeting leaders suggest a split in an available meeting room nearby.
- Guidelines for Common Space Areas: Please be respectful of others. Avoid physical contact and maintain six feet of personal space as much as possible in the lobby, hallways, entrances, restrooms.
- Wash hands frequently and make use of hand sanitizer provided in meeting rooms and common areas.
- Please avoid bringing food to share: If food was shared during your meeting, please take all leftovers home after your meeting. Please dispose of all wastepaper and empty cups, etc. in the bin.
- 7th Tradition: Thank you for your continued observance of the 7th Tradition. Based on your comfort level, meeting groups and individuals can elect to pass the basket or observe the 7th Tradition by dropping contributions directly into the safe near the vending machines or contributing online (donate link on the FSC website).
- Technology: As our community re-opens, we realize that some meeting groups which have had both virtual and in-person meetings taking place may want to bring their virtual and in-person groups together by using technology within the rooms. The FSC Board is discussing ways to make this easier and less distracting than having someone’s laptop on a table. If your meeting group has a need for technology-assisted meetings, please email email@example.com, and we will work to support your needs.
- Coffee Service: We are in discussions about how and when coffee service can be safely resumed and what that might look like. We will keep you posted as updates are available.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.