The board has voted to reopen the coffee bar (Buzz’s Busy Bean Cafe) the beginning of July!. We’re looking for volunteers to help serve coffee. Please share this info with your meeting groups and direct interested volunteers to email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help them get connected for an upcoming training session.
Based on recommendations from the Coffee Committee, the board also voted to pass a few changes to the coffee service.
- Coffee must be brewed and served/sold by a trained volunteer. Each meeting should designate a few volunteer baristas. These baristas will be trained to brew and sell coffee by members from Coffee Committee.
- We have implemented a nominal price increase of $.25 for members and $.50 for non-members. (So coffee or tea will be 50 cents/cup for members and $1.50/cup for non-members.
- In order to keep things orderly and safe, we’ll be asking folks to order coffee from the volunteer providing coffee service instead of walking into the kitchen to get your own coffee. With enough volunteers taking advantage of this service opportunity, this change should be doable, and will enable us to keep things clean, safe and in order.
Overall, these changes will:
- Create more service opportunities at the clubhouse. This is terrific 12th step work for all, but newer members in particular. Please encourage them to sign up.
- Keep everyone safe by not crowding into a small space.
- Encourage club membership by continuing to offer members a lower price on coffee at the clubhouse.
- Keep the coffee quality more consistent through training.
Folks interested in volunteering to serve coffee can and should email email@example.com or talk to “Coffee Tony”. Thanks!